We are group of past students and teachers as well as well wishers and like minded individuals who want to improve the medical education and , both directly and indirectly the quality of health care available in Sri Lanka. (Our Vision)
What binds us together is our Alma Mater, the Jaffna Medical Faculty located in the North of Sri Lanka, without which we wouldn’t be where we are today. We are committed to this and have many missions to reach that lofty goal.
Some of them are:
- To bring together individual physicians who graduated form The Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka, who are practicing around the world.
- Organize scientific and educational activities to benefit the members including conducting educational seminars, continuous medical education etc.
- Assist Physicians who have qualified form Jaffna Medical School seeking their training in the field of Human Sciences.
- Make contributions to organizations with similar interests which has been approved by JMFOA.
- Provide medical assistance to needy population by conducting free voluntary clinics.
- Offer voluntary services during disaster situations such as Hurricanes or other catastrophic events.
- Maintain vital links with Faculty of Medicine/ University of Jaffna in order to help students/staffs educational and research activities.
- Maintain a directory of Physicians who’ve graduated form Jaffna Medical School, University of Sri Lanka who are residing overseas.
“ A vision without action is called a daydream; but again, action without a vision is called a nightmare.”
We the JMFOA feel that the vision encompasses mission(s)